March 2022 in numbers: Terra rally, 19 million mined bitcoins and sanctions against Russia
Interest in non -current tokens is reduced. This is evidenced by the reduction in the number of NFT requests in Google to the values of October last year, preceding the boom of game tokens and metavselnaya. These data confirm the reducing volumes on the leading market of Opensea, as well as activity in different blockchains.
- However, individual collections showed a significant increase in the volume of trading. The top 3 months entered the Azuki NFT-collection with anime characters. In March, the user sold one of the rare NFT for 420 ETH.
- The buffaling bundle of Bored Ape Yacht Club and Mutant Ape Yacht Club was caused by the launch of the Yuga Labs Studio APE TOKEN on March 16. 15% of the total issue of 1 billion of tokens was distributed using the airdrop among the owners of the NFT mentioned (as well as Bored Ape Kennel Club). Coin listing was immediately supported by leading platforms. NFT holders from the BayC premium collection received more than 10,000 APE. Their cost at the peak exceeded $ 400,000.
The activity of large players
- Among public companies storing part of Bitcoin reserves, Microstrategy still leads by a wide margin. The cost of digital gold on its balance sheet is $ 5.82 billion as of 1.04.2022.
- At the end of March, the Microstrategy, Macrostrategy division, received a loan of $ 205 million on the security of its own crypto activists to buy bitcoin.
- In addition to public companies, a large player appeared – Luna Foundation Guard (LFG). This non -profit organization acquired 30 727.9 BTC (as of 01.04.2022) to ensure the stability of algorithmic stablecoin ust.
- Arcane Research analysts came to the conclusion that if LFG continues to buy bitcoins at the same pace, already in early April, its reserves will exceed 48,000 BTC.
- The demand of large players like Microstrategy and Luna Foundation Guard is most likely to support the price of the first cryptocurrency.
- In March, open interest (OI) for bitcoin futures on the adjustable CME exchange grew by 20.4% – from 9980 to 12 024 of the 5 BTC contract each.
- Among large players of the Non-Commercial category, the number of short and long positions is approximately at the same level. In small investors (nonreportable), Longs prevail insignificantly.
- In a few institutions (Commercial), short positions prevail – 794 versus 383 (as of 29.03.2022).
- Open interest in futures based on Ethereum has been steadily reduced since the beginning of November.
Large venture rounds
$ 1 billion
Electric Capital oriented to the crypto industry in the investment fund in various startups.
$ 450 million
The Yuga Labs company standing behind the Bored Yacht Club. The round was led by Andreessen Horowitz.
$ 450 million
Ethereum Studio Consensys as part of the round of financing series D. The company was estimated at $ 7 billion.
$ 450 million
The Polygon project from Sequoia Capital and other investors.
$ 240 million
Roofstock digital real estate platform based on the results of the Investrand of the series C. The project assessment reached $ 1.9 billion.
$ 200 million
Amber Group platform as part of the round of the B+series, which was held under the guidance of Temasek holding. Investors estimated the company at $ 3 billion.
$ 200 million
NFT startup Immutable as part of the Investrand of the C series, which was also headed by Temasek. The project was estimated at $ 2.5 billion.
$ 150 million
Developers of the second level of Optimism following the results of the round of financing of the series B. Investors estimated the project at $ 1.65 billion.
$ 150 million
Trust Machines company Blockstack founder Muniba Ali.
- The State Duma made the creation of Russian crypto -streaks to detour sanctions.
- The Ministry of Economy supported the bill on the legalization of bitcoin.
- Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin acknowledged the need to integrate cryptocurrencies into the Russian economy.
- The Ministry of Energy offered to introduce regional quotas for mining.
The record number of sanctions imposed on the Russian Federation did not pass the cryptocurrency industry. Many services limited access to residents of the Russian Federation, and individual countries have taken measures to stop bypassing these restrictions using cryptocurrencies.
Among the whole limiting access For users from the Russian Federation-the publisher of the NFT-IGR Animoca Brands, the largest crypto-tanks of Ukraine Kuna and Whitebit, for new users the British CEX limited access.IO, South Korean Bithumb, Upbit, Coinone, Korbit and Gopax, Ethermine and Flexpool Mining Pools, USDC Stebbleco-issuer Circle.
Willingness to block individual users from sanctions lists https://gagarin.news/news/about-virtual-shopping-and-features-of-the-metaverse/ By the relevant request They expressed Binance, Coinbase and Tether (later Coinbase blocked 25,000 addresses related to the Russian Federation), Metamask and Opensea, as well as Ripple.
The European Union announced his intention to include in a new package of sanctions against the Russian Federation restrictions on cryptocurrency assets of officials and oligarchs involved in the outbreak of war with Ukraine. The corresponding bill was submitted in the United States.
The authorities of Japan have obliged local crypto companies to observe sanctions against Russia. Later it became known that the government would revise the provisions of the law on foreign currency and foreign trade to combat the evasion of the Russian Federation from sanctions through crypto actuals.
- Vladimir Zelensky signed the Law “On Virtual Assets” (VA), which regulates the circulation of cryptocurrencies in the country.
FORKLOG analysis by link.
- The NBU limited the work of the currency market against the background of the war in the country, after which the cryptocurrencies showed themselves as the most effective channel for financing humanitarian and military needs. The world crypto community raised more than $ 100 million in cryptocurrencies in the form of donates.
- President Joe Biden issued a decree on the coordination of federal agencies in the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
- Senators revealed the details of the developed bill.
- The White House predicted additional revenues for $ 11 billion from cryptocurrency taxes.
- The US Department of Finance proposed to report foreign cryptocurrencies with assets over $ 50,000.
- Florida will add cryptocurrencies to the plan for increasing financial literacy.
AT European Parliament supported the bill on the regulation of cryptocurrencies and the collection of data on users of non -core wallets.
It is worth highlighting individual initiatives in the industry. The active position of Dubai in relation to cryptocurrencies allowed a number of platforms to get a business license in the region with plans to open headquarters. Among them are Binance, FTX, CRYPTO.COM and Bybit. FTX was also established by the FTX Europe unit, which received a license from the financial regulator of Cyprus. Binance received a license from the Central Bank of Bahrain.
The main events of the month
Now each of us can help Ukraine – become a blood donor for the wounded, provide support to needy people, express our civic position and transfer money to charitable foundations.
After the start of the Russian invasion, cryptocurrencies became one of the largest and most effective channels for financing the humanitarian and military needs of Ukraine.
Restrictions apply to the cryptophytate service of the exchange. As part of the P2P trade, customers can use the plastic of Russian banks. Exception – sanctions credit organizations.
On March 23, Axie Infinity involved in the blockchain game Ronin underwent a hacker attack. Having gained control over five of the nine validators, the attacker led cryptoactives with a total value of about $ 625 million.
Sky Mavis promised to compensate for user losses. The project team also said that for unauthorized access to assets, the hacker used social engineering – the company did not discover technical exploits.